A major Petroleum Inspection and Analytical company is seeking an entry level Human Resources Administrator in their Central New Jersey office. POSITION PURPOSE: Responsible for the on-boarding process, maintenance of HR files, and assisting with administrative duties relating to payroll and benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Entire on-boarding function which includes ensuring all new hire paperwork and employee related verifications are completed.
- Enter all new hires into the payroll system accurately and timely
- Maintain complete and accurate files. This will include filing, copying, scanning, shredding and following up with all levels of employees to obtain required documents.
- Assist with the processing of a bi-weekly payroll which will include data entry in ADP
- Assist with benefit administration to include data entry, communicating benefit information and changes to employees.
- Daily duties will include mail distribution, assisting with telephone and email inquiries.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Some knowledge of principles and practices of HR administration, effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s or associate’s degree and one (1) to two (2) years of Human Resources experience
- Knowledge of ADP and/or SilkRoad not required but a plus
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Power Point