AmSpec Services is the market leader in independent inspection, testing, verification and specialized technical services to the Oil, Gas and Chemical industries. Responsible for analysis and reporting of various products, such as Crude Oil, Fuel Oils, Middle Distillates, Petroleum and Petrochemicals, LPG and LNG gases, etc
- Responsible for conducting laboratory analysis.
- Understand and keep current with all laboratory safety and reporting techniques.
- Complete all laboratory reports as applicable.
- Understand and keep current with all laboratory analysis methods.
- Responsible for the maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Position requires a dependable and reliable individual; whose daily presence adds to the success of the department.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Degree in Science or equivalent work experience in a laboratory setting.
- Ability to understand ASTM standards and procedures.
- Must be able to work with all chemical, petrochemical, and petroleum products.
- Must be able to differentiate colors accurately by sight.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must have flexible schedule as position will include evenings, weekend and holidays, based on customer need.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, while directing numerous projects concurrently with different deadlines.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Maintain current knowledge by attending seminars, lectures, meetings and professional conferences.
- Ability to gather and review resources and select and synthesize data for reports and other written materials.
- High level of accuracy is required, with special attention to details