Laboratory Technician is responsible for performing testing on samples for purposes such as quantitative analysis, quality control, and process control. He/ she is also responsible for general maintenance of laboratory equipment and the physical maintenance of the laboratory.
- Receiving, logging in, and generating work orders for all samples received in the laboratory.
- Performing the required analysis.
- Documenting each test result and maintaining neat, complete, and accurate records. Must prepare corresponding quality control charts.
- Performing quality assurance/ quality control testing. Must calibrate and verify each instrument as needed and maintain in clean working condition.
- Maintaining and cleaning laboratory instruments, equipment, and supplies.
- Keeping laboratory clean and orderly.
- Position requires a High School Diploma (some College credits preferable). Must possess basic computer, mathematics and science skills. Must also demonstrate ability to grasp new procedures quickly and be capable of working independently upon completion of training.
- Must demonstrate evidence to be able to work unsupervised and be goal oriented.
- Good inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate with employees and outside consultants, executive management, and colleagues.
- Thorough understanding of safety and training issues.