Responsible for analysis and reporting of various LNG process samples and products at a client’s on-site lab. Must have excellent communication and customer service skills as well as a technical background in a laboratory setting preferably an LNG lab. Must be able to pass drug, alcohol and background check. Must have reliable transportation and be able to obtain a TWIC card as well as meet all safety council requirements.
– Utilize the appropriate personal protective equipment for any task
– Complete a training program for all areas of laboratory safety and testing
– Receive and log in samples for testing as well as store and properly dispose of samples after required retention time.
– Analyze samples for routine and semi-routine analyses in a timely manner. Analysis techniques include but are not limited to atomic absorption spectrometry, gas chromatography, titrations, moistures analyses, pH, conductivity, mercury analyses, vapor pressure analyzers, ICP, dew point meters, freeze valves, and autotitrations.
– Maintenance and preparation of sample cylinders
– General laboratory housekeeping
– Adhere to Document control system (temp logs, balance weight checks, QA/QC schedule, PM, etc)
– Understand and perform SQC charting
– Unload/open delivered supplies and place in designated storage area(s). Restock Supplies per shift.
– Obtain samples in operating units, environmental outfalls, and/or shipping area for testing as needed
– Understand and keep current with all laboratory safety and reporting techniques.
– Complete all laboratory reports as applicable.
– Understand and keep current with all laboratory analysis methods.
– Responsible for the maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment.
– Position requires a dependable and reliable individual; whose daily presence adds to the success of the lab.
– Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
– Degree in Science or equivalent work experience in a laboratory setting.
– Ability to understand written standards and procedures.
– Must be able to work with all chemical, petrochemical, and petroleum products and streams.
– Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
– Willing to work a rotating or permanent shift.
– Overtime coverage may be required to fulfill needs.
– Ability to work effectively under pressure, while running multiple samples on different methods.
– Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
– Ability to gather and review resources and select and synthesize data for reports and other written materials.
– High level of accuracy is required, with special attention to details
AmSpec Services provides a competitive compensation package and a wide range of benefits.