· Serving as focal point for QA/QC and be responsible for the oversight and review of quality control data on a routine basis.
· Preparing corrective and preventative action reports for all matters related to QA/QC and keeping all records for review.
· Following up on non conformances, investigative preventative action and implement appropriate corrective actions.
· Ensuring technically correct analysis on a daily basis. Address all technical issues that arise from routine analysis and confer with Lab Director on issues of less routine nature.
· Coordinate and schedule lab assignments to lab technicians.Help in testing when laboratory is busy.
· Receiving, compiling, and verifying the data resulting from lab testing. Must document and maintain accurate records for all customer quality control samples.
· Analyzing and compiling quality control sample results to ensure operating efficiency of process and/ or testing equipment.
· Provide training to laboratory analysts. Act as liaison between laboratory technicians and Lab Director as well as between laboratory technicians and Operations.
· Controlling the lab equipment and supply inventory. Coordinate the replacement or repair of faulty equipment and supplies. Must also perform instrument calibrations and maintain verifications as per schedule.
· Will provide backup to Lab Director by handling issues that arise in his absence.
· The position requires a Bachelor Degree and 2 years experience in petroleum industry or an Associates Degree and/or 5+ years experience in the Petroleum industry.
· The individual must posses’ strong managerial experience and interpersonal skills, as well as technical and theoretical knowledge of laboratory operations.
· Good inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate with employees and outside consultants, executive management, and colleagues.
· Thorough understanding of safety and training issues.