Reports to: Laboratory Director and Branch Manager
• Maintaining and improving the quality system.
• The oversight and review of quality control data on a routine basis.
• Preparing corrective and preventative action reports for all matters related to the laboratory and keeping all records for review.
• Following up on non-conformances, investigating corrective actions, and implementing appropriate corrective & preventative actions plans.
• Assuring technically correct analysis on a daily basis.
• Addressing all technical issues that arise from routine analysis and conferring with Laboratory Director on issues of less routine nature.
• Laboratory Manager assures timely and accurate laboratory Certificate of Analysis are reported.
• Coordinating and scheduling laboratory assignments to laboratory personnel.
• Performing analysis, if necessary.
• Receiving, compiling, and verifying the data resulting from laboratory testing. Must document and maintain accurate records for all client quality control samples.
• Analyzing and compiling quality control sample results to ensure operating efficiency of processes and/ or testing equipment.
• Explanation of specifications, methods, and results for internal and external clients, when needed.
• Providing training to laboratory personnel.
• Liaison between laboratory personnel and Laboratory Director, as well as, between laboratory personnel and Operations.
• Managing the laboratory equipment and supply inventory. Coordinating the replacement or repair of faulty equipment and supplies.
• Must understand instrument calibrations, verifications, and maintain records as per schedule.
• Assure all necessary laboratory calibrations are performed.
Minimum Position Requirements:
➢ One of these three education and/or experience levels must be met.
1) A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline and 2 years’ experience in a Petroleum Laboratory.
2) An Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline and 3 years’ experience in a Petroleum Laboratory.
3) 5 years’ experience in a Petroleum Laboratory
• Must demonstrate evidence of strong managerial, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
• S/he must communicate effectively with employees, outside consultants, and management.
• Petroleum Laboratory experience must include: analytical testing, instrument maintenance, instrument calibrations, quality control systems/procedure, and training protocols.
• Must possess a thorough understanding of industry related safety and training.
• The individual must demonstrate the ability to grasp new procedures quickly and implement them.