· To perform, by specified methodology, visual observation, volume measurement, temperature measurement, and sampling of commodity materials contained or conveyed in lines, barge tanks, ship tanks, rail tanks, shore tanks, and other vessels.
· To attend commodity material movements involving line and tank transfer or displacement, lightering, and loading and unloading.
· To communicate and coordinate with terminal, transport, and Company personnel to promote smooth exercise of duties assigned.
· To monitor the availability of the supplies needed for the above processes, and to make any needs for such supplies known to the Dispatcher or Coordinator.
· To organize and coordinate jobs so that services are rendered, and reports and samples are submitted, in a timely manner.
· To maintain work areas, records, and equipment in a clean, organized, and functional condition.
· To verify and communicate the results obtained, and to make the entries into the appropriate media, whether print or electronic, required to ensure the validity and traceability of the information.
· The Inspector must have a grasp of basic mathematics, and must, in the opinion of the hiring authority, be trainable in the practical aspects of the job.
· The Inspector must be physically able to do the work required, and cannot have fear of heights or of confined spaces
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· The Inspector must have reliable personal transportation and valid Driver license.
· You must have or be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)