AmSpec Services is the market leader in independent inspection, testing, verification and specialized technical services to the Oil, Gas and Chemical industries.
Responsible for performing quantity determination inspections of shore tanks, railcars and tank trucks for quantity surveys of a variety of commodities including petroleum and petrochemicals inspections and collects samples for laboratory analysis.
– Physically sample, measure, and take the temperature of shore tanks utilizing a variety of methods dictated by company and API procedures.
– Calculate and report quantities transferred and perform full reconciliation of same.
– Accurately complete all required reports and forms.
– Work in cooperation with client’s representatives, U.S. Customs, vessel personnel, government agents and shore facility personnel to insure accurate results are achieved.
– Maintain regular communication with office staff with reference to job status, problems, concerns, etc.
– Maintain knowledge and adhere to the latest industry and client procedures and standards as provided by AmSpec Services.
– Individual must be dependable and reliable whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department.
– Provide guidance and assist in the training of Inspector Trainees.
– Operate to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the AmSpec Services Statement of Integrity.
– Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
– High School Degree or General Education Degree (GED).
– Must have 2 years experience as it pertains to Petroleum Inspection in the Oil, Gas and Chemical industry as outlined above.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and / or groups both within the organization or while representing the organization.
– Basic math comprehension with an aptitude for fractions.
– Must be able to perform job duties as it pertains to:
– Working outdoors during adverse weather conditions (rain, heat, cold, etc.,)
– Must be able to work in confined spaces.
– Must be able to climb storage tank ladders and stairs, typically 25 to 65 feet in height.
– Must be able to climb vessel gangways, stairs, ladders, etc.
– Must be able to carry up to 75 pounds of samples, gear or equipment.
– Must be able to differentiate between colors accurately by sight.
– Depending on situation, may have to utilize SCBA and / or respirator. (Will be trained and fit tested).
– Must have flexible schedule as position will include evenings, weekend and holidays, based on customer need.
– Must have reliable insured transportation, with sufficient room to carry equipment.
– All required licenses must be maintained in an active status without suspension or revocation throughout employment.
– Ability to work effectively under pressure, while performing numerous projects concurrently with different deadlines.
– High tolerance for job pressure and extended hours.
– Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills. (Verbal and Written).
– Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
– Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment when necessary.
– Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources into solutions.
– Excellent analytical skills with the ability to make sound suggestions or recommendations.
AmSpec Services provides a competitive compensation package and a wide range of benefits.