AmSpec Services is the market leader in independent inspection, testing, verification and specialized technical services to the Oil, Gas and Chemical industries.
- Responsible for performing quantity determination inspections of shore tanks, railcars and tank trucks for quantity surveys of a variety of commodities including petroleum and petrochemicals inspections and collects samples for laboratory analysis.
- Physically sample, measure, and take the temperature of shore tanks utilizing a variety of methods dictated by company and API procedures.
- Calculate and report quantities transferred and perform full reconciliation of same.
- Accurately complete all required reports and forms.
- Work in cooperation with client’s representatives, U.S. Customs, vessel personnel, government agents and shore facility personnel to insure accurate results are achieved.
- Maintain regular communication with office staff with reference to job status, problems, concerns, etc.
- Maintain knowledge and adhere to the latest industry and client procedures and standards as provided by AmSpec Services.
- Individual must be dependable and reliable whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department.
- Provide guidance and assist in the training of Inspector Trainees.
- Operate to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the AmSpec Services Statement of Integrity.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Degree or General Education Degree (GED).
- Must have 2 years experience as it pertains to Petroleum Inspection in the Oil, Gas and Chemical industry as outlined above.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and / or groups both within the organization or while representing the organization.
- Basic math comprehension with an aptitude for fractions.
- Must be able to perform job duties as it pertains to:
- Working outdoors during adverse weather conditions (rain, heat, cold, etc.,)
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to climb storage tank ladders and stairs, typically 25 to 65 feet in height.
- Must be able to climb vessel gangways, stairs, ladders, etc.
- Must be able to carry up to 75 pounds of samples, gear or equipment.
- Must be able to differentiate between colors accurately by sight.
- Depending on situation, may have to utilize SCBA and / or respirator. (Will be trained and fit tested).
- Must have flexible schedule as position will include evenings, weekend and holidays, based on customer need.
- Must have reliable insured transportation, with sufficient room to carry equipment.
- All required licenses must be maintained in an active status without suspension or revocation throughout employment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, while performing numerous projects concurrently with different deadlines.
- High tolerance for job pressure and extended hours.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills. (Verbal and Written).
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment when necessary.
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources into solutions.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to make sound suggestions or recommendations.
AmSpec Services provides a competitive compensation package and a wide range of benefits.