* Serving as focal point for QA/QC and be responsible for the oversight and review of quality control data on a routine basis.
* Preparing corrective and preventative action reports for all matters related to QA/QC and keeping all records for review.
* Following up on non-conformances, investigative preventative action and implement appropriate corrective actions.
* Ensuring technically correct analysis on a daily basis. Address all technical issues that arise from routine analysis and confer with Lab Quality Manager on issues of less routine nature.
* Coordinate and schedule lab assignments to lab technicians. Help in testing when laboratory is busy.
*Must document and maintain accurate records for all customer quality control samples.
* Analyzing and compiling quality control sample results to ensure operating efficiency of process and/ or testing equipment.
* Provide training to laboratory analysts. Act as liaison between laboratory technicians and Lab Quality Manager as well as between laboratory technicians and Operations.
* Controlling the lab equipment and supply inventory. Coordinate the replacement or repair of faulty equipment and supplies. Must also perform instrument calibrations and maintain verifications as per schedule.
* Will provide backup to Lab Quality Manager by handling issues that arise in his absence.
* The position requires a Bachelor Degree and 2 years’ experience in petroleum industry and / or Associates Degree and/or 5+ years’ experience in the Petroleum industry.
* The individual must posses’ strong quality assurance experience and interpersonal skills, as well as technical and theoretical knowledge of laboratory operations.
* Good inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate with employees and outside consultants, executive management, and colleagues.
* Thorough understanding of safety and training issues.
*Report to Laboratory Quality Manager and Laboratory Manager