Reports to: Laboratory Manager / Retain Manager / appointed Supervisor
The Laboratory Helper will keep the Laboratory Manager / Retain Manager / appointed Supervisor informed of all retain needs. The Laboratory Helper is responsible for maintaining safely an established retain system and provide assistance in the laboratory as necessary.
- All samples received in accordance with Section 7 are properly identified, tagged, and logged in to the AIMS system.
- Properly retain samples to preserve their integrity.
- Retrieve samples per request, Including the EPA 33rd batch sample.
- Dispose of samples according to Section 7 procedures, in compliance with all local/state/federal regulations.
- Coordinate the packaging and destruction of hazardous materials.
- Coordinating shipping of hazardous materials in accordance with IATA certification
- Maintenance of sample retention facility.
- Assist with laboratory cleaning.
- Maintain chronological records of sample disposal.
- Maintain all regulatory records and records specified in the QSM/LQSM regarding retain.
- Comply with company PPE policy.
- Train to assist with light lab test such as API Gravity.
- Preforming other duties as required.
- The individual must possess basic computer and mathematics skills.
- The individual must be physically able to lift items up to minimum of 30 lbs.
- The individual must possess the ability to understand new procedures and implement them.
- S/he must communicate effectively with employees, and management